How to make Polish Kotlet Schabowy (Pork Cutlet)
You will need:
- Good quality pork
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- Margarine or lard
This dish extremely popular in Poland and very simple to prepare. It’s rather impossible to spoil it, provided that the pork you get for it is OK.
- Get some good quality pork. Cut it in several pieces (or simply buy it in pieces) and beat each one with a mallet so it’s more or less oval in shape. A single chop should not be too thin. You may cover the meat with foil to prevent its specks from flying around.
- Rub salt and pepper into each chop on both sides.
- Dip the chops in flour, raw stirred egg and breadcrumbs.
- Heat up some oil on the pan (use margarine or lard) and place the chops in the pan.
- Fry until they become golden.
Serve the kotlets with potatoes and sauerkraut or mizeria (cucumber salad) or some other salad (a tomato one for instance). You may use either whole or grated potatoes. If you want to, spread some fresh dill (leaves) on the potatoes.
Polish Kotlet Schabowy - served with potatoes and sour cucumbers