How to make Polish Potato Pancakes.
This is a very simple but very enjoyable dish.
You will need:
- 4 lb. potatoes
- 1-2 oz. onion
- 1/2 glass milk
- 1 oz. flour
- 1-2 eggs
- Salt, pepper (optional)
- Vegetable oil
- Grate peeled potatoes and onions and mix them together.
- Pour in boiling milk while stirring. Add eggs, flour and salt. Add pepper if you like. Mix it all up.
- Don’t wait too long with the rest of the preparation because the fresher the mixture the better the cakes.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Then put on the pan portions of the prepared mass. Each portion will become a separate pancake. It should not be too thick. The shape will be more or less oval.
- Fry the pancakes, flipping them every now and then until they get brownish and crispy on both sides. They should be served directly after being prepared when they’re still fresh and crunchy.
Polish Potato Pancakes - on the right - served with red pepper